Froboarder (Snow)

Chronicles of an obsessive Snowboarder.

08 January 2006

The Birth of a Fanatical Snowboarder

Over the last two months, I went from being a complete novice who had never seen a snowboard in person, to "one of the better riders" on the indoor slope at Milton Keynes Xscape. I think that was just my instructor trying to be nice, but really, there happened to be some folks out there on the main slope that were looking a bit shakey.

Now I think I've become a sort of snowboard evangelist. I have brought three other beginners down the artificial slope for lessons, bought my fiancee 7 days at the Rude Chalet's Girls Snowboarding School in Morzine, booked a holiday to St Moritz in March and bought a Burton Custom 62 off ebay. I joined SCUK and then I decided to start this snowboard blog.

You can say I'm hooked!

This blog is dedicated to those who have never snowboarded (non-riders). Non-riders, I will be trying to inspire you to join up - for those who really resist I will actively try to convert you. If you are reading this and have already started thinking up excuses as to why you won't start to ride snowboards. Read the next article ...

In the meantime, I will keep you updated on the development of my new hobby. Looking forward to sharing it all with you and to hearing your feedback.

Best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home