Froboarder (Snow)

Chronicles of an obsessive Snowboarder.

09 May 2006

Oops! Been Away for a While - But Still Alive

Hi y'all. I'ts just like me to start up a blog in Jan, rattle off a slew of posts, then disappear for a few months.

To be sure, it's not like I haven't been riding. Since the last post, I have been to Krynica (Poland) for 3 days and St Moritz (Switzerland) for another 3 as well as to the MK Snowdome about 4 times for about 5 hours each.

I missed the trip to Tahoe - making a rain check for next year.

The skills have definitely imporved since last time. I am comfortable at speed, can handle moguls, churn down the steeps with skid turns and throw simple ollies on those rare occasions that I actually feel like a bad arse. I even hit deep powder while off-piste with a guide in Krynica. All in all, I am happy with my progress through the season, and can't wait till next winter.

Meanwhile, I have some important off-season things to sort out:

* Sell my unique Monson '55 "Sobe" board that I originally trained on

* Sell my 2003 Custom '62 that I took to Krynica and learned to ollie with

* Recover from the achilles tendonitis I developed in my right heel (playing footy on astroturf)

* Get body fat % down through weights, staying off booze and swimming (no impact on the heel!)

* Learn to carve hard (MK is my only venue option, so twice a month I'll be there. Doc says it's okay to ride despite the heel issue. Apparently, the fixed heel position on snowboard boots restricts the ankles enough to avoid stressing the tendon. Or maybe she just sensed that I would go riding anyway!)

* Book my trips for next year (Morzine, Chamonix, Lebanon, Tahoe and Zakopane)

* Upgrade this website! Any tips are welcome...

Speak to you soon (for real this time ...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home